At-Home Independent Study
* Update *
Indigo Fire is now open. At-Home Independent Study students may now come into the studio during set times throughout the week to glaze their pottery. Pottery may be glazed during the following times each week starting July 13th:
Monday - Friday, 3:30pm-9:00pm
Saturday and Sunday, 12:00pm-6:00pm
Regarding the future of the At-Home Independent Study program; this option will be available for as long as coronavirus is a factor in Massachusetts. We want to be able to offer something to our students who feel that working in a public space is not safe for them at the moment.
For already registered At-Home Indpendent Study students, please remember to bring your pottery in for firing during the month-long period you're registered for. The intention of the program's structure is that if you intend to continue working at-home and bring pots in to fire and glaze beyond the month you're registered for, you should re-register.
What it comes with
- A bag of clay to take home(stone ware 15 lbs, recycle 20 lbs, porcelain 10 lbs).
- Firings and glazing included. Bisqued pottery will be stored at Indigo Fire till it is safe for students to come in and glaze.
- Access to weekly lessons and hangouts via video stream.
- Clay pickup and pottery drop off outside to maintain social distancing.
At-home handbuilding projects by Indigo Fire students
- At-Home Independent Study costs $80 a month
- There will be a new registration period for At-Home Independent Study every Tuesday. These are posted below and you may sign up in advance. This means each week we will accept new At-Home Independent Study registrations which will last for one month.
- On the Tuesday that your At-Home Independent Study begins, you may stop by Indigo Fire to pick up your clay which will be outside. We will coordinate with you for this.
- There will be a dedicated drop-off area for pottery. We will bisque this pottery as it comes in and store it at the studio. Eventually when we reopen, you will be invited to come in and glaze your pieces.
Video Streaming lessons and hangouts
- All currently enrolled At-Home Independent Study students will be invited to our video streaming lessons and hangouts.
- We plan on holding three sessions a week on Zoom. Students will be able to join at their leisure to participate in the lesson, ask questions or catch up with studio friends.